Why free samples?
Who doesn’t love freebies, right? I started this website in 2008. One of the many reasons I started this website was because I loved freebies. I loved receiving FREE stuff in the mail! On a daily basis, I could find several free samples on the web that were available for anyone to sign up for if they wanted to try them out! First, I’m a BIG fan of trying new products. In fact, I have received several samples in the mail and instantly became a fan, still purchasing those items today. Great marketing and advertising, right? Send something FREE to someone and they *just* might become a fan!
It’s FUN to receive FREE stuff in my mailbox!
Trying products isn’t the only reason I love freebies. Receiving items in the mail packaged in envelopes and boxes is fun. Let’s face it. Checking the mail can be BORING. Many times you’ll find stacks of bills and junk mail, but when you open your mailbox and receive a FREEBIE, that’s fun. After 8 years of signing up for and receiving freebies (the same ones we post here on thefrugalfreegal.com), I’ve started to save them up each month in a pile/stack and then I allow my girls to open them up. They love it! It’s like Christmas to them. Then, I’m able to take a picture of all of the freebies I’ve received and share them with you here. Keep in mind that everything you see pictured are items that YOU can sign up for, too. All you have to do is follow my website daily and watch for new free sample posts!
What do I do with my free samples?
I place most of my free samples in a small box designated for freebies. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve needed the samples sent to me. For example, if I run out of toothpaste or even things like shampoo and conditioner, I know I can go to my freebie box and find freebies stashed in there. One time I ran out of k-cups and was desperate for my morning coffee, so I went to my sample box and sure enough, I had a k-cup or two in there. And, once, my cat Candie ran out of food (my fault). I even had packages of cat food stored away and running out wasn’t a huge issue.
***Keep reading below to see my November/December freebie photos! You’ll get to see what arrived this month!***
Freebies are GREAT for traveling.
Whenever we travel, I head to my sample box and pack up all of the things that would come in handy for a trip. These things usually include the travel size toothpastes, samples of shampoo and conditioner (my hair is REALLY thick and I usually need way more shampoo and conditioner than what the hotels give), packages of facial moisturizer so that I don’t have to carry my ginormous container of moisturizer, lotions, etc. Many of the free samples I receive are the PERFECT travel size.
Freebies are GREAT for storing in your purse, gym bag, or diaper bag.
As mentioned above, you can store a lot of the free samples you receive in your purse, gym bag, or diaper bag. I usually stash the free wipes, floss, lotions, etc. in my purse or diaper bag.
Freebies are GREAT for care packages!
Create a care package with freebies and give it to someone in need. This can be someone at the hospital, military, college student, etc. Share any freebies that you don’t need with friends and family that can get use out of them.
Freebies can help you SAVE MONEY!
Over time, your free sample stash can help you save a lot of money, especially if you keep a stash of items that you usually use on a regular basis. Plus, most of the freebies come with high value coupons, so if you end up needing that item in the future, you can save money on it by using the coupon.
What kinds of freebies are out there?
There’s a HUGE variety of different freebies that you can sign up for. You can sign up for freebies such as food, coffee, beverages, pet food, baby stuff, lotions, shampoo and conditioner, feminine products, moisturizer, calendars, k-cups, toothpaste, etc. We find so many different freebies available to sign up for.
How many samples are posted daily?
We try to post at least one freebie a day, but we try to post as many as we can find. There are many times when there just aren’t many available to post for you. But, when we do find freebies, we try to post them right away so that you can request them. Quantities are very limited with some free samples and you have to act fast at times.
Will I receive the freebies? How long do they take to arrive?
MOST of the freebies do arrive and that’s why I post pictures of them for you to see. There are some freebies that do not arrive. This could mean that the company ran out of product, information was incorrect when submitting the request, etc. When you submit your requests, the company usually gives you an idea on how long to wait to expect to receive product. Some freebies are shipped within a week and some freebies take anywhere from 4-6 weeks or longer.
How can YOU start receiving freebies, too?!
Great question! Here’s how you can start receiving freebies.
1. Visit my website daily to find freebie posts. Simply follow the instructions in each post to claim your freebies. I do not personally send the freebies! The company advertised in each post sends the freebies. If you give me your address to send free samples, you *may* receive a Christmas card from me (lol), but I do NOT send the samples. I could create an entire address book full of addresses that readers leave for me. 😉
2. Follow me via social media to get updates when freebies are posted:
- Subscribe via Email – the most popular way to receive freebie notifications daily
- Facebook – FB doesn’t always show posts to readers, so make sure you check to receive notifications. Engage with posts to see more.
- Google +
3. Check out my mailbox freebies from the past! You’ll be amazed at all of the things you can sign up for!
With all of that being said, here’s the fun part! Here’s what I received during November and December. Keep in mind that I didn’t even get to request all of the freebies posted on my website, so this in my opinion is considered a great stash of freebies!
November/December 2016 Freebies
1. Walmart Baby Box – WOW! This was a fun one to open and worth it’s own photo by itself above. My baby boy is 5 months old, so many of these items will come in handy. If you don’t have a baby, you can still request these and give them to a friend that does have a baby! Still available? Check here.
1. Cetaphil Baby Lotion
2. Johnson’s Baby Wash + $2 off coupon
3. Aveeno Baby Lotion
4. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Baby Lotion
5. Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets + $1 off coupon
6. Dapple Pure ‘N Clean Bottles & Dishes (2 packs) + $1 off coupon
7. Disposable Nursing Pads
8. Pampers Newborn Diaper
9. Pampers Sensitive Wipes
10. Similac Go & Grow Mix Ins (2 packs) + $2 off coupon
11. Breastmilk Storage Bags
12. Trendy Yellow and Turquoise Bag
2. Truly Radiant Toothpaste + $100 gift card sweepstakes offer – Still available? Check Here.
3. Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Moisturizer – Still available? Check Here.
4. Truvia Sweeteners (2 Natural and 2 Nectar) + $1 off coupon natural and $1 off coupon nectar – Still available? Check Here.
5. Shea Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner + $2 off coupon – Still available? Check here.
6. Baby on Board Sign + 15% off promo code – Still available? Check Here.
7. Baby Belly Badge Stickers – Still available? Check Here.
8. Emergen-C Super Orange and Triple Berry Blast Super Fruit + $1 off coupon – Still available? Check Here.
9. Sample Source Box w/ Sunrise Crunch Vanilla Cereal and Pumpkin Flax Granola + Bona Disposable Dusting Cloth – Still available? Check Here.
10. Saline Soothers Nose Wipes + $3 off coupon – Still available? Check Here.
11. ASPCA Pet Safety Pack – Still available? Check Here.
12. Ella’s Kitchen Stickers and Activities + $1.50/4 Pouches Coupon – Still available? Check here.
13. FREE Product Coupon for Fussie Cat 2 lb bag and 2.82 oz. can
Check out my FREEBIES category to see what’s new!
Sign up for the following above if they are still available! Then, come back daily to find free samples to sign up for. Receiving FREEBIES in your mailbox can be FUN! Request freebies today!
What freebies arrived in your mailbox this month?