20 Fun and Frugal Summer Activities for Kids
Summer is around the corner and the kids will be home all day. Have you planned any fun summer activities for the kids? Here are a few fun ideas! Start planning your summer so that you aren’t stuck in the house wondering what to do!
1. Play at the local park. Call ahead to see if there are train rides or ponds with animals to feed.
2. Head to the pool! Enroll your children in swim lessons if they don’t know how to swim.
3. Take trip to the beach. Build sandcastles or play in the waves.
4. Visit your local library. Let your child sign up for their own personal library card. Check library hours for story or activity times.
5. Enroll your child in team sports.
6. Check with the church and register for Vacation Bible School.
7. Enroll your child in a summer camp.
8. Visit the nearest children’s museum or science museum.
9. Take a trip to the zoo.
10. Go bowling. Save money by investing in your own bowling shoes if you bowl often.
11. Check to see if your area offers discounted movie days for families, such as $1 movies.
12. Take nature walks. Print free scavenger hunt lists before going.
13. Take a family vacation to a fun theme park or go camping at a state park.
14. Visit a local nursery and look at all of the pretty plants and flowers.
15. Take a field trip to the grocery store.
16. Visit the ice cream shop.
17. Play Putt Putt golf.
18. Take your child to Chuck E. Cheese. See how you can get 10 free tokens.
19. Schedule playdates with other moms and visit at a local restaurant with a play area.
20. Visit an aquarium.
Leave a comment below and tell us about other fun summer activities for kids!