According to Forbes, the average American spends an average of $75.03 on Halloween candy, costumes and decorations each year. While this figure pales in comparison to Christmas spending, it’s still a pretty substantial chunk of change, especially if you are pinching pennies. Thankfully, there are plenty of inexpensive Halloween decorations that pack a ton of cute into their tiny little price tag. Today’s DIY Halloween decoration is no exception. You’ll love these adorable Halloween Tissue Ghosts!
Halloween Tissue Ghosts have everything you could want from a Halloween decoration. They are easy and fun to make, they are seriously cute, and you can literally make them for pennies. You can make them as far in advance as you’d like since they don’t go bad, and they are easy enough to make that your kids can help. You probably already have all of the materials on hand, so they don’t require a trip to the store. Make one or make a whole room full–they are quick and easy enough that you can make as many as you want!
Halloween Tissue Ghosts
- 2 Tissues (per ghost)
- Tape (optional)
1. Take one tissue and wad it up into a ball.
2. Place the first tissue in the center of the second tissue.
3. Flip the whole thing over so the loose ends of the second tissue drape over the tissue wad.
4. Tie a string around the ghost’s “neck” to secure. (The length of the string will depend on where you want to hang him.)
5. Draw a face. Spooky or cute–it’s up to you!
6. Hang the ghost wherever you like! You can tape the string to a wall or tie it around a ceiling fan to make him “fly!”
**Optional: If you want the ghost to hang upright, you may need to tape the string to the back of his head. If you are hanging him from the ceiling fan, tape won’t be necessary.
Alternate Suggestion: Cut up white plastic shopping bags or trash bags for ghosts you can hang outdoors!
Related: Scary Ghosts Halloween Craft
Are you decorating for Halloween this year? Will you be buying decorations or making your own?