Is one of your goals to save money during the upcoming new year? If so, here’s a great tip for you!
I have been writing to companies online asking them to send money saving coupons and/or free samples of my favorite products to me in the mail. So far, 6 out of 7 have sent me coupons. I received 4 letters in the mail from companies and 2 emails back with coupons. Only 1 company failed to send coupons. I have written to several other companies as well and plan to continue doing this so that I can save money this year!
- Luna Clif Bars: 2 coupons/Free Luna Bars, 2 coupons/50 cents off
- Haagan Dazs: 1/$1.00 off coupon, 2/50 cents off coupons
- Meow Mix: Buy 2 get 1 free wet cat food, $1.00 off dry cat food
- Lindsay Olives: 1/50 cents off coupon
- Drano: coupon offer through their newsletter
- Hain Celestial Group: 3/55 cents off coupons
- Nabisco 100 Cal Packs: Nothing
Go here to see how many other coupons I scored from companies!
How to write your favorite companies for coupons:
1. Make a list of products you buy on a regular basis.
2. Find the company homepage online.
3. Find the “Contact Us” link on the homepage.
4. Fill out your information. In the comment section, tell them about the product you like and why you like it.
5. In that section, ask them if they could send money saving coupons and/or free samples for you and your friends. Submit.
6. Repeat this process for the other companies.
7. Check your mail box or email in the next few days and weeks to see what the company will send you.
8. Leave a comment here if you have any luck!
Does this take a lot of time?
Not at all! It is easy and well worth the time. Start slowly, writing to about 2-3 a day. Then add more once you get used to it. It can be fun to because you never know what they will send you. Sometimes you will get free items–Luna sent coupons for 2 free bars!
Money Saving Tip:
These coupons usually have a long life and do not expire for a while. Save them in your coupon file and wait until they go on sale to maximize your savings. Pair with a store coupon to maximize even further.
What companies do you plan to write to for money saving coupons?